2012 marks the fifth year of my blogging career. I am not the most prolific blogger, nor am I even close to being Internet famous. And to say that I blog only for myself would be sort of a lie, because I am all too concerned about page views and comments (not that there are too many of those, mind you) and people who might stray over here from my Facebook profile (HEY YOU, YEAH YOU). So yes, every post is typed out with an audience in mind ; in the case of this humble little shindig, I'm talking about the two, maybe three regular readers who still have it in them to read and leave comments on the things I put up. I LOVE YOU GUYS.
There was a point earlier in the year when I very nearly decided to quit blogging. I only update once or twice a month in any case, so would it even have made a difference if I just gradually faded out of the scene entirely? Two factors eventually convinced me to stay and keep on keeping on :
1. I would be losing my single best outlet to unleash my feelings about British actors, music, and other pop cultural developments in my otherwise unexciting life (family and close friends can only take so much fangirling at any one time) and
2. It is incredibly flattering and more than a little inspiring when people - either in real life or through random bursts of Internet kindness from strangers - tell you how much they enjoy reading your stuff and how funny you are, and it's all wonderfully ego-stroking but also terribly heartwarming.
One other thing that solidified my decision to keep blogging, comments or no comments, paltry page view stats be damned, is the top keyword search stat on my homepage...dashboard...thing. A staggering number of people (I won't reveal exactly how much, but it is hilariously astonishing) come to my blog in search of one thing above all else. This is the top search keyword that has brought me the majority of page hits over the last few years. Are you ready?
michael fassbender naked
michael fassbender naked
micheal fassbender naked
michael fassbender
naked
MOM HOW PROUD ARE YOU OF ME RIGHT NOW.
You know what pervs? Here, let me just give you what you came here for.
CLICK THROUGH FOR FULL-FRONTAL FASSJUNK
Or not. You know I was kidding right? I'm not actually going to put up an image of the Fassbendong (Fasspenis, Michael F. Assbender) anywhere on my blog. You have Tumblr and Netflix for that, and I have standards, paltry as they may be. But I genuinely appreciate the horny enthusiasm. You guys are the worst (by which I mean THE BEST).

4 comments:
I get the most hits on my blog for 'Richard Madden girlfriend', 'Joe Dempsie girlfriend', and 'Lil Kim'... which is a 100% accurate representation of what my blog is all about.
Please don't ever stop blogging! Not to get all creepy or anything, but I am always a bit thrilled when you have a new post up, because I always know it will be the best thing I have read all day.
I have to admit that I've considered just giving up on blogging from time to time too. Why doesn't anybody blog anymore, the lazy bastages?
Ehehehehe!!! I have this huge grin on my face. Michael Fassbender. NAKED.
Haha - I had a similar experience (but with Cumberbatch)except the fan I encountered wasn't as brave as yours. Ahahaa I still can't get over it.
Also, agree with above commenter. I always look forward to your posts so pls don't stop blogging - even if your lusty for fassbender (FASSBENDONG!!! I nearly lost it when I read that) readership dwindles.
Ahh...thanks for the laugh. I am at my desk (I work as a telemarketer - yeah, I'm evil, let's get over it) and I am oh so entertained right now :D
You write the caziest s*** and still manage to be funny and profound. Chuck school and start a career as a critic. This blog would be sufficient credentials surely. Why in the dickens don't you?
Post a Comment